Hi I am Tyler Wirken
Welcome to the Wirkshop Series and Real Moments Class. I have dedicated the last 18 years of my career to the art of photographing and teaching the documentary photography approach of capturing real, authentic, pose free moments. I am excited you are here and hope you will join us on this monthly education journey.
The Real Moments Class offers photography education with guidance from experienced photographer and mentor Tyler Wirken.
I am very excited to share my extensive knowledge and field experience in helping you become better Real Moments photographers in weddings and family photography.
This class is a collection of online classes, photo critiques, discussion topics, tutorials as well as co classes with some of the best educators and photographers in the business.
Try it free for 14 days.
See you on the inside!
- 4/22-The Moment mindset- The why behind what I do (43:21)
- 3/20-COVID Creators- Documenting the pandemic- Discussionshop with Jason Vinson and Tristan Shouldice (27:12)
- 4/1/20- My up and down relationship with my gear (0:40)
- 4/3/20- Hot Seat Friday- Image critique with Tyler (23:19)
- 4/6/20- Discussionshop with Andrew Funderburg of Fundy Software (50:56)
- 4/8/20- Wirk Thru It- Image breakdown with Tyler (58:49)
- 4/10/20- Hot Seat Critique- Zoom wedding by Shauntee Dittmar (83:03)
- 4/13/20 - Discussionshop with Erwin Darmali- Deeper visual storytelling (86:03)
- 4/15/20- Wirk Thru It with Loren Haar and Ally Stuart-Ross (75:37)
- 4/17/20- Hot Seat Critique with gues critiquer Huy Nguyen (111:29)
- 4/24/20- Hot Seat Critique- Lanny and Erika Mann and Tyler critique each other (126:31)
- 4/27/20- Discussionshop | Niki Boon The creative process with Niki Boon (78:59)
- 4/29/20- Wirk Thru It- Documentary Family session breakdown- Tyler (62:49)
- 5/1/20- Hot Seat Critique - Vanessa Hall family photographer (83:00)
- 5/1/20- Hot seat Critique- With guest critiquer Kirsten Lewis (124:52)
- 5/4/20- Discussionshop with Dave Moss business mentor (68:31)
- 5/6/20- Wirk Thru It- Wirkshop on gaining client trust
- 5/13/20- Wirk Thru It- Image breakdown wtih Tyler (57:31)
- 5/20/20- Wirk Thru It- The wedding day schedule with Janina Brocklesby (68:34)
- 6/17/20- Wirk Thru It- Wirkshop all about using remote cameras (57:12)
- 7/14/20- Discussionshop with Blair Delaubenfels- Boosting business through curation (71:53)
- 8/6/20- Hot Seat Critique with Tyler (47:10)
- 12/1/20- Live mentor session- Tyler mentors James Ajebon (72:45)
- RMC- 7/16/20- Cropping (Huy Nguyen) (45:00)
- RMC- 7/16/20- Mentoring Deborah Lord (Tyler) (44:12)
- RMC- 7/23/20- Light Moment Composition (Huy Nguyen)) (116:30)
- RMC- 7/30/20- Light Moment Composition (Tyler) (73:15)
- RMC- 8/13/20- Back Button Focus (Tyler) (53:47)
- RMC- 8/13/20- Feelings (Huy Nguyen) (61:53)
- RMC-8/27/20- Recent wedding review (Tyler) (59:12)
- RMC-9/03/20- Levels of photography (Huy Nguyen) (37:39)
- RMC- 9/10/20- Family session review (Tyler) (44:47)
- RMC- 9/17/20- Student wedding critique (Tyler& Huy) (76:42)
- RMC- 9/24/20- Communicating with clients pt. 1 (Tyler & Huy) (72:16)
- RMC-10/01/20- Communicating with clients pt. 2 (Tyler & Huy) (61:09)
- RMC-10/8/20- Second shooting (Tyler & Huy) (70:18)
- RMC-10/15/20- Mentoring: Allison Williams (Tyler & Huy) (64:06)
- RMC-10/22/20- Mentoring: Loren Haar (Tyler & Huy) (78:02)
- RMC-10/29/20- Guest student lecture: Paul Tansley (61:58)
- RMC-11/05/20- Limits of Photojournalism pt. 1 (Huy) (50:44)
- RMC-11/12/20- Limits of Photojournalism Part 2 (Tyler) (69:05)
- RMC-11/19/20- Mentoring: Andreu Doz (Huy) (53:12)
- RMC-12/03/20- Making art vs. shooting for the client (Tyler& Huy) (63:38)
- RMC-12/10/20- Adding artificial light pt. 1 (Tyler& Huy) (59:08)
- RMC-12/17/20- Adding artificial light pt. 2 (Tyler& Huy) (154:02)
- RMC-1/14/20- Working/Maximizing natural light (Tyler& Huy) (63:08)
- RMC-1/21/20- Group image critique (Tyler& Huy) (85:45)
- RMC-1/128/20- Guest student lecture: Matteo Carta (44:10)
Tyler is an INCREDIBLE teacher and I can honestly say he has become one of the most influential persons in my career as a wedding photojournalist.
What I love about learning from Tyler is that he's real and not a "fluffer". He's honest, even when you don't want to hear it. He WANTS you to be better and to learn. Not only did Tyler change my whole perspective on photography, he truly changed my perspective on life, and I will be forever grateful.
Honestly, I can't even tell you how much you need this if you are serious about true documentary wedding photography and learning. Learn from the best.
I’ve always wanted to photograph weddings in the way that Tyler teaches, but I had no idea HOW. Holy smacks, this course breaks it down for you, and Tyler speaks to you so that you GET IT. He is a no stones left unturned, shares way more than I had expected, answers questions completely and fully, yet is tough and honest - which is incredible.
Tyler’s raw honesty and commitment to moment-driven photography are unparalleled. I won’t lie, it is hard to please Tyler photographically, but when you do you can truly feel proud of yourself. Tyler can produce great images with solid composition and compelling storytelling in any circumstances and with any camera and he expects the same outcome from his students. He taught me how to stop relying on visual gimmicks for my photography and instead focus on the connection that will produce honest and real images.
My other Wirkshops
Craving more! Check out my other Wirkshops where I dive deep into my documentary mindset towards wedding and family photography.